Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
Recipe from Barbara Bartibogue, Esgenoôpetitj (Burnt Church) First Nation
- 2 cups (500 ml) blueberries, or more
- 4 tsp. (20 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp. (3 ml) salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- ¼ cup (60 ml) milk
- ½ tsp. (3 ml) vanilla
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) sugar
- Cover a baking dish with blueberries and sprinkle with sugar.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients in a bowl and add egg, milk, vanilla and melted butter, stirring just enough to combine.
- Spread batter over blueberries and bake in moderate oven, 350°F (180°C), for approximately 40 minutes.
- Invert on a plate and serve with cream or lemon sauce.