The Free Meeting House, built in 1821, is one of Moncton’s oldest standing public buildings. Its purpose was to serve as a home for all religious denominations until such time as individual groups could raise the money required to build their own churches. The Free Meeting House was designated a National Historic Site in June 1990.
Visits are offered by request at the admissions desk of Resurgo Place, adjacent to the Free Meeting House, during business hours..
Bilingual service (English-French)