Skip to main content

No. 2 Engine House/Saint John Firefighters Museum

PROVINCIAL HERITAGE PLACEThis neo-classical fire hall was built in 1840-41 for the city of Saint John to meet the increasing demands of a growing community. Attributed to the architect John Cunningham, it is a local landmark. A museum and exhibit hall tracing the history of firefighting in Saint John, including a special exhibit on the Great Fire of 1877.