The first bridge was built in 1938 and was 200 m (656 ft.) long. It incurred high-water damage in May 1939, and was rebuilt, higher, with a pier in the middle. This bridge was upgraded in 1961, and then replaced in 1988. Driving directions: Route 8, Exit at Holt Road 1.4 km (0.9 mi.), turn right on Carrolls Crossing Road 0.6 km (0.4 mi.), onto McNamee Road.