Skip to main content
Picaroons Beer Can Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole local sourced chicken
- 2 cans of Picaroons 506 (1 for the chicken, 1 for you)
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) of NB maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. (3 ml) of Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 15 to 20 baby potatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) of chopped carrots
- Green veggie like Brussels sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of butter
- Preheat BBQ to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and cayenne pepper add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Pop open your beers, test it to make sure it's good.
- Put 1 of the beer cans in the cavity of the chicken. Enjoy the other while it’s cooking.
- Place the chicken and beer in a cast-iron pan.
- Place all the veggies around the chicken.
- Cube butter and place on top of veggies.
- Add sprigs of Rosemary and thyme on top of veggies.
- Add a little salt and pepper to the veggies.
- Paint the chicken with the maple syrup mix.
- Add a few leftover sprigs of rosemary and thyme in the top of the chicken cavity.
- Cook chicken for the recommended time or until it reaches an internal temperature of over 165°F (74°C).
- Dish out veggies to the plates
- Remove chicken from the can (be careful it will be very hot)
- Cut up chicken and enjoy!