Cedar plank salmon with herbed baby potatoes and fresh asparagus
Recipe from Jenna White, owner of indigenous-owned Jenna’s Nut-Free Dessertery in Fredericton
- Soak your cedar planks in water for the BBQ.
- Season your salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix a bunch (like you can grab from your local farmer) of fresh chopped dill, chop 2-3 shallots, 3 tbsp. (45 ml of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper, then mix together.
- When your boards are soaked, place your Atlantic Salmon fillets skin side down onto the planks, then top with your dill mix.
- Place boards on heated BBQ grill, close the lid and let the magic happen.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the salmon is tender and can be removed from the skin with a fork.
- Boil your baby potatoes for 15 minutes until half or three-quarter cooked.
- Toss with 3 tbsp. (45 ml) of olive oil, 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice, 1 clove of minced fresh garlic, ½ tbsp. (8 ml) salt, a dash of pepper, ½ tsp. (3 ml) paprika, 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped basil and 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped parsley.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until you can pierce with a fork.
- Steam your washed asparagus until slightly crunchy.
- Toss in some melted garlic butter and top with salt and pepper.